Crockpot Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- 1 lb ground beef (or soy crumble for vegetarians)
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 5 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled (or soy bacon for vegetarians)
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 2 cups potatoes, cubed
- 8 oz cream cheese, cubed
- 4 cups chicken broth (or veggie broth for vegetarians)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
Adapted from familyfreshmeals.com
Start by sauteing onions and browning your beef together, until meat is no longer pink.
Next combine all ingredients EXCEPT for the shredded cheddar cheese, milk and flour.
Stir to combine ingredients. Cover and cook on LOW for 7 hours.
When 10 minutes are left, you are going to add a thickener and your cheese. To make the thickener, combine milk and flour. Whisk until all clumps are gone.
Uncover crockpot and stir in shredded cheese and milk/flour mixture. Cover and cook for the remaining 10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Serve soup with chopped up dill pickles.