Creamed Corn with Bacon and Leeks
Scraping the cut ears of corn releases the remaining starchy milk, giving the creamed corn its thick consistency. Pair this sweet-smoky side dish with grilled chicken.
- 6 ears fresh corn
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 cup chopped leek
Cut kernels from ears of corn to measure 3 cups; using the dull side of a knife blade, scrape milk and remaining pulp from cobs into a bowl. Place 1 1/2 cups kernels, low-fat milk, cornstarch, sugar, salt, and pepper in a food processor; process until smooth.
Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings in pan; crumble bacon. Add leek to pan; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add pureed corn mixture, 1 1/2 cups corn kernels, and corn milk mixture to pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes or until slightly thick. Stir in crumbled bacon just before serving.
You'll also love
- Orange Nut Butter Cake 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Holy Mole Pork... 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Weight Watcher's Beef Nachos 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Guinness Corned Beef with Potatoes... 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Crockpot Broccoli Cheddar Soup 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Cider Brined Pork Chops with... 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- 50 Things to Make with Bacon 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Buffalo Wing Popcorn 4.8/5 (8 Votes)