Chicken - Honey Jalapeno with Sesame Soba Noodles
- 12 ounces soba noodles
- - we used wheat linguine
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- - or cilantro paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 rotisserie chicken, shredded or sliced
- - we used whole chicken
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions, green part only
- 2 tablespoons pickled ginger, minced
- - we used banana peppers
- Add red pepper for more spice
- Add water chestnuts
Cook soba noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
In a blender or food processor, combine jalapenos, honey, cilantro, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and black pepper and puree until smooth. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water to the mixture until desired consistency is achieved. Pour the 2 teaspoons of olive oil into a preheated skillet. Add the shredded chicken and the blended sauce and cook until heated through.
In a medium bowl, combine cooked soba noodles, soy sauce, sesame oil, scallions, and pickled ginger. Toss and then transfer to serving bowl. Pour heated chicken and sauce over noodles.
We just mixed all together in skillet.