Beet and Carrot Cake
- 2/3 cup oil
- 1 1/2 cups Splenda
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 3/4 cup grated fresh beets, peeled
- 3/4 cup grated carrots
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp grated orange peel (optional)
- 1 dash of salt
- 1/2 cup chopped toated walnuts
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 1 nine inch round pan or 2 loaf pans.
2.Mix oil, Splenda, yolks, vanilla and hot water. Add grated beets and Carrots and mix.
3.In another bowl, sift flour, baking powder, spices and salt. Add grated rind and nuts to mixture. Add all of this to mixture in step #2.
4.Beat egg whites in a separate bowl until stiff peaks form, then fold into carrot/beet mixture.
5.Pour batter into prepared pan(s). Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until cake springs back at touch. Cool.
6.If desired, frost with whipped cream or frosting (not included in nutritional values.)
You'll also love
- Cocoa Rubbed Steak with Bacon... 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Cook's Illustrated Pork Chops 4.1/5 (50 Votes)
- Blackberry Jelly (canning recipe) 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Potato Dumpling Soup 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Basil-infused olive oil 4.1/5 (54 Votes)
- Gooey Cinnamon Carrot Cake 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- One Pot Chicken and Rice with Peas... 4.2/5 (41 Votes)
- CHOCOLATE BEET CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)