Beef Tenderloin with Rhubarb and Red Wine
Tart baked rhubarb complements beef tenderloin served with spicy mustard and horseradish. Serve with rosemary-roasted baby potatoes for a full flavored meal.
- 3tablespoons3 tablespoons whole grain Dijon mustard
- 2tablespoons2 tablespoons prepared cream-style white horseradish
- 1 3/4pounds1 3/4 pounds slender fresh rhubarb stalks, trimmed, cut crosswise into 3-inch-long pieces, pieces halved lengthwise if thicker than 3/4 inch
- 1/2cup1/2 cup dry red wine, such as Pinot Noir
- 1/2cup1/2 cup sugar
- 11 (2 1/4- to 2 1/3-pound) beef tenderloin roast
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh Italian parsley sprigs, for garnish
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from bonappetit.com
Mix mustard and horseradish in small bowl for sauce. Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Arrange rhubarb pieces in single layer in 13- by 9- by 2-inch metal baking pan. Pour wine over rhubarb, then sprinkle sugar over; set aside.
Place roast on small rimmed baking sheet. Rub roast all over with oil; sprinkle generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast beef 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F.
Place rhubarb in oven alongside beef. Roast until rhubarb is tender but still intact, 12 to 15 minutes and instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of beef registers 125°F for medium-rare, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove rhubarb and beef from oven.
Using slotted spoon, carefully transfer rhubarb to plates, dividing equally. Pour juices from rhubarb baking pan into small saucepan and boil until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes; pour syrup over rhubarb on each plate. Transfer beef to cutting board; cut crosswise into 3/4-inch-thick slices and arrange beef slices atop rhubarb on each plate.
Spoon mustard sauce over beef. Garnish with parsley sprigs.
You'll also love
- Shredded Beef Tacos (Carne... 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- GARLIC & LEMON HERB MARINATED... 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Party Potatoes 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Turkey-Spinach Sliders 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- A1 Beef Bourguignon II in slow... 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Perfect Beef Tenderloin 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie and... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Beef Tenderloin Filets with... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)