Nutella-Swirl Pound Cake
Pound cake made extra rich by swirling in the chocolate-hazelnut spread Nutella. Recommend serving the cake with coffee ice cream.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- One 13-ounce jar Nutella
Cooking time 240mins
Adapted from foodandwine.com
Preheat the oven to 325° F. Lightly grease and flour a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan, tapping out any excess flour.
In a glass measuring cup, lightly beat the eggs with the vanilla. In a medium bowl, whisk the 1 1/2 cups of flour with the baking powder and salt.
In a large bowl, using a handheld mixer, beat the butter with the sugar at medium-high speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes. With the mixer at medium-low speed, gradually beat in the egg mixture until fully incorporated. Add the flour mixture in 3 batches, beating at low speed between additions until just incorporated. Continue to beat for 30 seconds longer.
Spread one-third of the batter in the prepared pan, then spread half of the Nutella on top. Repeat with another third of the batter and the remaining Nutella. Top with the remaining batter. Lightly swirl the Nutella into the batter with a butter knife. Do not over mix.
Bake the cake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Invert the cake onto a wire rack, turn it right side up and let cool completely, about 2 hours.
Cut the cake into slices and serve. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Holiday Toffee Bars 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Easy Cake Pop 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Pumpkin Crack Cake 4.2/5 (57 Votes)
- Baked Spaghetti with Ricotta 3.9/5 (138 Votes)
- Blueberry Lemon Cake 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Pound Cake 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Four-Layer Chocolate Birthday Cake... 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
Review this recipe