Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffle Pie
Delicious peanut butter and chocolate truffle, with the chocolate truffle bottom layer, topped with a light and creamy peanut butter filling and topped with chocolate and peanuts.
- 1 box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- TRUFFLE FILLING:
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- PEANUT BUTTER FILLING:
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped salted peanuts
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 150mins
Heat oven to 450°F. Bake pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell, using 9-inch glass pie plate. Cool completely on cooling rack, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, heat 1/2 cup whipping cream over medium-high heat until hot. Remove from heat; stir in 1 cup chocolate chips and the vanilla until smooth. Spread truffle filling in bottom of baked crust. Freeze 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat 1 cup whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Set aside. In another medium bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter and powdered sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth; fold in whipped cream. Carefully spread over truffle filling. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.
In small microwavable bowl, microwave 1/4 cup chocolate chips and the shortening uncovered on High 30 to 60 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds, until melted. Drizzle chocolate over pie; sprinkle with peanuts. Cut into wedges to serve. Cover and refrigerate any remaining pie.
- You can substitute crunchy peanut butter for the creamy peanut butter.
- Instead of making your own chocolate topping, use purchased chocolate topping instead.