Clementine and smoked salmon platter
This lovely smoked salmon platter features juicy clementines, pomegranate seeds and greens. It’s super colourful and makes for a real showstopper.
- 1 english cucumber
- 1/2 small red onion
- sea salt
- red wine vinegar
- 300 g smoked salmon
- a handful of Watercress
- 6 clementine or mandarins
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pomegranate
- 1/2 a bunch of fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons crème fraîche
- 30 ml fresh horseradish
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from sobeys.com
Peel the cucumber into ribbons using a vegetable peeler, peel and finely slice the onion and place into a bowl with a good pinch of salt and a splash of vinegar. Set aside to soak for a few minutes.
Meanwhile, arrange the salmon in pretty waves around the edge of a large platter. Remove and discard any thick stalks from the watercress, then add to a bowl. Use your hands to squeeze out the excess liquid from the cucumber and onion, then add to the watercress. Peel the clementines, thinly slice four of them horizontally and add to the bowl. Squeeze in the juice from the remaining two clementines, add a splash of extra virgin olive oil, toss well, then arrange in the middle of the salmon platter.
Cut the pomegranate in half, hold it over the platter cut-side down and bash the back of it with a wooden spoon so that all of the seeds come tumbling out. Repeat with the other half. Chop the dill, then combine half of it with the crème fraîche and a little freshly grated horseradish. Scatter the remaining dill over the platter and serve with the horseradish-spiked crème fraîche .
You'll also love
- Maple & Mustard Seared Tuna with... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Chickpea Flour Pancakes (Pudla)... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Egg Salad Crostini with White... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Salmon Tournedos Poached in Beurre... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Spanish Omelet with Smoked Salmon 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Scrambled Eggs, Avocado & Smoked... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)