Spicy Grilled Shrimp with Blue Cheese Dip
- 2 lbs uncooked large shrimp, shelled, deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic (or 1 tablespoon Penzeys minced garlic)
- skewers soaked in water
- 3/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1-1/2 cups blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoons salt, to taste
- 1/4-1/2 freshly ground pepper, to taste
In a zip-lock bag, combine the shrimp, olive oil, cayenne, crushed pepper flakes and garlic. Slosh around a bit to coat and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Thread the shrimp onto skewers or place in a grill basket and grill over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes, turning once.
In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix well.