Blackberry Honey Walnut Salad
- Blackberry Salad
- 10 oz. spinach or spinach/spring green mix
- 6 oz. blackberries
- 1 honeycrip or Fuji apple, chopped
- 1 Granny smith apple, chopped
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 small cucumber, sliced and quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta or more to taste
- Honey Roasted Almonds
- 1 cup raw walnut halves
- 2 tabespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Easy Blackberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons seedless blackberry jam
- 2 tablespoons quality balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1-3 teaspoons honey (optional depending on desired sweetness)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 cup quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dry basil
- freshly cracked salt and pepper to taste
Adapted from carlsbadcravings.com
1.Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
2.Easy Blackberry Balsamic Vinaigrette: In a small bowl, vigorously whisk ingredients together until combined. Taste and add additional honey for sweetness, or additional balsamic for more of a "tang" as desired. Store in the refrigerator to chill.*
3.Roasted Honey Walnuts: Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Warm honey in a microwave safe bowl just until it liquefies then add walnuts and stir until evenly coated.
4.Spread walnuts on the prepared baking sheet so they are not touching. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with sugar and salt and stir until evenly coated. Separate walnuts on baking sheet and let cool completely. They will harden as they cool in 5-7 minutes.
5.Salad: Add all of the Salad ingredients - including cooled walnuts - to a large bowl and toss until evenly combined. If you expect leftovers, reserve feta and add to individual servings. Whisk vinaigrette to recombine and either drizzle over entire salad (there will be leftovers) and toss or drizzle over individual servings.