Cilantro and Mexican cuisine go hand in hand, but it's also the star ingredient of an amazing recipe for pasta!
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta nests
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 2 lbs. vine-ripened tomatoes, roasted, peeled and chopped, (reserve juices)*
- 1 jalapeno pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded and finely chopped*
- 2 cups water
- 4 Knorr® Cilantro MiniCubes, crumbled
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from knorr.com
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large deep nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook dry pasta about 4 minutes or until golden, turning once. Drain on paper towels.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil and cook onion about 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes and jalapeno and cook over medium-high heat about 5 minutes or until thickened. Return pasta to skillet. Add water and 2 Knorr® Cilantro Minicubes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and boil gently about 5 minutes or until pasta is tender, pressing and breaking up nests. Stir in an extra 1/4 cup water to thin sauce, if needed. Stir in remaining 2 MiniCubes and serve with grated Parmesan cheese.