Pappardelle With Smoked Duck And Wild Mushrooms
- 1/4 cup Madeira
- 1/4 oz. dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 cups fresh King Oyster mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp. plus a pinch coarse salt
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 smoked boneless duck breast (about 10 oz), (or goose, chicken or turkey breast)
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 cup homemade chicken stock or reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 lb. pappardelle
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Chopped flat-leafed parsley
- Add garlic and cream, if desired
Cooking time 20mins
Pour the wine in a bowl and heat in the microwave on high for 10 seconds. Put the porcini mushrooms in the warm wine to re-hydrate for 30 minutes. Drain, reserving the wine, and coarsely chop the mushrooms. Set aside in a large bowl.
In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add the shiitake mushrooms and saute until they start to soften, about 5 minutes. Season with a pinch of salt and transfer to the bowl with porcini mushrooms. Set aside.
Meanwhile bring 5 quarts of water a boil in a large pot with the remaining 1 tablespoon salt. Drop in the pasta, stir and cook until the pasta is al dente, about 7 to 8 minutes. Drain and toss with the remaining tablespoon butter. Cover and keep warm.
In the same pan that the mushrooms were cooked in, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-heat. Add the shallot, carrot, and celery and saute until they start to soften and are lightly brown, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add the duck, rosemary, and reserved Madeira. Cook until the Madeira is almost completely evaporated. Add all the mushrooms and the chicken stock and cook until the stock is reduced by half.
Toss the pasta with the duck-mushroom mixture and the freshly grated cheese. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
You'll also love
- Lemon Ricotta Crepes with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Bagels 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Sirloin with Piquillo Peppers... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Neelys Rub for Pork 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken in Mushroom Bearnaise Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Barbecued Chicken & Portobello... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken with Duck Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
Review this recipe