Lemon Ricotta Crepes with Blueberries and Fresh Bananas
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 large pinch salt
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 10 tbs (1 1/4 sticks) butter, melted
- Butter for cooking the crepes
- 1 (15oz) container ricotta cheese
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 large egg
- BLUEBERRY SAUCE:
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 2 pints blueberries
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 ripe bananas, quartered lengthwise into long spears
In a blender, combine flour, salt, milk, and eggs. Blend on medium speed until batter is smooth. Pour in melted butter and blend for just one second. Batter should be shiny. Pour it through a fine sieve into a bowl to get out any lumps. Refrigerate 2-3 hours.
Put 8" crepe pan or nonstick skillet over medium heat; brush lightly with melted butter. Pour 1/4 cup batter into pan and swirl so it just covers pan bottom; pour any excess back into the bowl. Cook 30-45 seconds until batter just sets and edge turns golden brown. Bang edge of pan with wooden spoon to loosen crepe, then flip it and cook another 30 seconds to brown other side. Remove crepe, then repeat process until all batter is used. Cover crepes with plastic wrap to keep them from drying out.
For filling, stir together ricotta, sugar, lemon zest, and egg in a bowl. Cover and chill.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Put crepe on cutting board. Spoon about 1/4 cup cheese filling into crepe and fold together.
Melt butter in medium skillet over medium heat. Place crepes in skillet and cook 2 minutes on each side until crisp and golden. Place crepes in oven and bake for 10 minutes to firm filling.
Combine butter, blueberries, sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice in small saucepan to make sauce. Cook over medium-high heat until berries burst and sauce and garnish with 2 banana spears.
You'll also love
- Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Bagels 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Salmon with Honey, Black... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pineapple Bavarian Cream 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Blackberry Fudge 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Kickin' Key Lime Pie Martini 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broccoli & Leek Pasta with Lemon 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Jello with Pineapple and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Banana Bread with Pudding Mix 4/5 (1 Votes)