Barbecued Chicken & Portobello Sandwich
- 4 medium garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 lb whole Portobello mushrooms
- 4 slices Vidalia onion
- 4 slices brioche bread (or any egg-based bread)
- olive oil spray
1) Mix garlic and balsamic vinegar in a self-sealing plastic bag. Add chicken and mushrooms. Marinate 15 minutes in the fridge, flipping the bag once during that time.
2) Heat stove-top grill or preheat gas grill. (If using a stove-top grill, spray with olive oil spray). Remove chicken and mushrooms from marinade. Place on hot grill with onion slices and cook five minutes. Turn chicken, mushrooms and onion slices, then cook five more minutes.
3) While the chicken, mushrooms and onions cook, spray bread with olive oil spray and place on grill for one minute. Turn and grill one minute or until bread is golden. Slice chicken and mushrooms into thin strips on a carving board. Arrange on slices of bread and place onions on top. Pour chicken juices from the carving board over the top. Add salt & pepper to taste. Cover with the remaining bread slices and cut sandwiches in half.
You'll also love
- Sweet Baby Ray's Crockpot Chicken 4/5 (850 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker BBQ Chicken 4.1/5 (187 Votes)
- Mushroom Pate 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Breasts Stuffed with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Good Honey Garlic Chicken Wings 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orange-Bourbon Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Wild Mushroom Ravioli With Truffle... 0/5 (0 Votes)