"Crawfish Boil" Fried Chicken
- 2 3 1/2 to 4 pound chickens (8 pieces each)
- 2 quarts cold water
- 4 tablespoons Zatarain's Crawfish, Shrimp and Crab Boil (available in the specialty section of some grocery stores and online)
- 3 cups flour (divided)
- 3 teaspoons salt (divided)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper (divided)
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning (various brands are available in the specialty section of some grocery stores and online)
Combine the chicken, water and crab boil in a large pot and marinate chicken overnight or at least 16 hours.
Remove chicken from brine and pat the skin dry. Combine 1 cup flour, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper and coat the chicken with the mixture. Place coated chicken on a sheet pan in a single layer and allow to sit in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours (this will help pull excess water from the chicken and create a crispier skin).
Season 2 cups of flour with 2 teaspoons salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper, and 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning. Toss the chicken in the new flour mixture to coat liberally and shake off excess flour. Fry chicken at 350 degrees F for 12-14 minutes. Strain and season with more salt and pepper to taste.
You'll also love
- Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Chicken 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Creole Chicken Noodle Casserole 4.4/5 (32 Votes)
- Spicy Crab Stuffed Mushrooms 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Crack Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Oyster Sauce with Chicken Thighs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pickled Fish 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Bacon Lasagna Rolls 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken-Bacon Ranch Bombs 1/5 (1 Votes)