Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 box (1 lb. 2.25 oz.) yellow pudding in the mix cake mix
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger (optional)
- 3/4 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple in natural juice, drained
- 1 cup chopped walnuts OR pecans (optional)
- 1 package (3 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Shedd's Spread Country Crock® Spread
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 55mins
For Cake, preheat oven to 350°. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan*; set aside.
In large bowl, combine cake mix, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. With electric mixer, beat in Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise, eggs, carrots and pineapple at low speed 30 seconds or until moistened. Increase speed to medium and beat 2 minutes. Stir in walnuts. Evenly spread into prepared pan.
Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. On wire rack, cool 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely.
For Frosting, in medium bowl, with electric mixer, beat cream cheese, confectioners sugar, Spread, lemon juice and vanilla until light and creamy, about 5 minutes. Evenly spread frosting over cooled cake. Garnish, if desired, with additional chopped walnuts.
*Or, prepare cake mix as above in two 9-inch round cake pans and bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.