Apple Spice Bars
You'll find the great flavors of fall in these tasty apple spice bars made with nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger. cloves and dried cherries.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 60% or more vegetable oil spread
- 1/4 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product or 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 5 medium cooking apples, peeled if desired, cored and chopped (5-cups)
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from Recipe4living.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large bowl combine 1 1/2 cups flour, the oats, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in vegetable oil spread until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in egg product. Press half of the mixture into a 9x9x2-inch baking pan.
In a large bowl combine apples, dried cherries and lemon juice. Add brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, the cinnamon, ginger, and cloves; toss to combine. Layer apple mixture evenly over the crust. Sprinkle with remaining flour mixture.
Bake about 50 minutes or until topping is lightly browned and apples are tender. Cool slightly; serve warm. Cut into bars to serve
You'll also love
- Shredded Beef Tacos (Carne... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Chocolate Banana Milkshake 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Baked Sweet-Potato Chips 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Rosemary Parmesan Popcorn Recipe 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Panettone Italian Christmas Bread 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Pomegranate Scones 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Carrot Cake Ice Cream 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Easy Pineapple Glazed Spiral Ham 4.5/5 (15 Votes)