Lemon Ginger Bundt Cake
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled), plus more for pan
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest and 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 1/3 cup minced crystallized ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a standard 12-cup bundt pan. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, lemon zest, ginger, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
Using an electric mixer, beat butter and granulated sugar on medium-high until light and fluffy, 4 to 5 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition; mix in lemon juice.
With mixer on low, alternately add flour mixture in three parts and sour cream in two, beginning and ending with flour mixture; mix just until incorporated (do not overmix). Spoon batter into prepared pan, and smooth top with a rubber spatula. Firmly tap pan on a work surface to level batter.
Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes (if cake browns too quickly, tent loosely with aluminum foil). Let cake cool in pan 30 minutes, then turn out onto a rack to cool completely. (To store, wrap cake in plastic, and keep at room temperature, up to 3 days.)
Gradually add confectioners sugar to 1 tablespoon lemon juice, whisking until smooth and adding more juice, 1 drop at a time, if glaze is too thick. Drizzle decoratively over top of cake.
You'll also love
- White Bean Vegetable Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pickled Fish 0/5 (0 Votes)
- CORNSTARCH PIE FILLING 0/5 (0 Votes)
- APPLESAUCE – YOGURT CAKE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Buccellati (Sicilian Christmas Fig... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- CRANBERRY LIME SPARKLERS 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garlic-Lime Grilled Pork... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Pound Cake with Lemon... 0/5 (0 Votes)