Brussel Sprouts and Cheddar Cheese Bake (Emeril)
- 4 slices thick-cut smoked bacon, diced
- 1 cup onion, small diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 TBSP unsalted butter
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper(if you like spicy)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup sharp cheddar, shredded
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
In a 12" saute pan over medium high heat, render the bacon until crisp and golden, about 8 mins. Remove the bacon from the pan using a slotted spoon to a heat proof bowl. Add onion to the pan and cook for 4 mins or until wilted and beginning to carmelize. Add the garlic to the pan and cook for another 2 mins, stirring occasionally. Remove the onions and garlic from the pan to the same bowl with bacon.
Add 1 1/2 TBSP of butter to the pan along with half the Brussels sprouts and 1/2 tsp thyme. Cook the sprouts for 2 to 3 mins on on side until they begin to brown. Add 1/2 the chicken stock, 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, 1/8 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper. Flip the Brussels sprouts and continue to cook for another minute. Remove them from the pan to bowl with bacon and onions.
Add remaining 1 1/2 TBSP of butter and cook the remaining Brussels sprouts in the same way, adding the remaining 1/8 cup of stock after they've browned, and seasoning them with the remaining 1/8 tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp pepper.
Toss all of the Brussels Sprouts with the bacon and onions. Pour the mixture into a 10 x 6 baking dish.
Sprinkle the top of the dish with the cheese and bake for 20 mins, or until the cheese is melted and beginning to brown on top. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Cherry Cream Cheese Bake 4.1/5 (85 Votes)
- Tomato Macaroni Cheese Bake 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Green Bean Casserole (Campbell's) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Raspberry Marsala Trifle 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Carrots Lyonnaise 0/5 (0 Votes)
Review this recipe