Chicken with Orange Peel
- 1 Large orange
- 2 large Whole chicken breasts -- skinned and boned
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dry sherry
- 4 Green onions -- cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon Minced, peeled ginger root -- OR
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground ginger
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Orange juice
- 1/4 cup Salad oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Crushed red pepper
Adapted from chinesefooddiy.com
1. With a vegetable peeler or sharp knife, cut peel from
orange into 1 1/2 inch-wide pieces, being careful not to
cut into white membrane. Cut pieces into 1 1/2 inch-long
2. Place on a small cookie sheet, and let peels dry slightly
in 200¨� oven oven 30 minutes.
3. Cut chicken into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
4. In medium bowl, mix well chicken, soy sauce, sherry, green
onions, red pepper and ginger.
5. In small bowl, mix well cornstarch, sugar, salt and orange
juice. Cover and refrigerate both.
6. About 15 minutes before serving: In 10-inch skillet over
medium heat, in hot oil, with slotted spoon, stir-fry peels
until crisp and edges are slightly browned, about 2 minutes;
drain on paper towels.
7. In remaining oil in skillet, over high heat, stir-fry
chicken mixture until chicken loses pink color and is tender,
about 4 minutes.
8. Stir orange-juice mixture, then add to chicken and stir-fry
until mixture is slightly thickened and coats chicken.
9. Spoon onto warm platter; sprinkle with peels.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (888 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (892 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (706 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Frozen Banana Bites 4.5/5 (272 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (164 Votes)