Roasted Chickpea Tacos
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 8 8-inch flour/corn tortillas
- Shredded cheese
- Onion (chopped)
- Cilantro (chopped)
- Hot Sauce
Adapted from amyscookingadventures.com
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and spray a baking sheet with non stick spray.
2. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the chili powder, cumin, salt, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, lime juice, and water. Add the chickpeas and toss to coat.
3. Pour the chickpeas onto the prepared baking sheet and arrange into a single layer. Bake the chickpeas for 25 minutes, stirring once half way through.
4. As the chickpeas finish cooking, arrange cheese onto the tortillas and melt on a comal or in the microwave.
5. Top the tortillas with roasted chickpeas, onion, cilantro, and hot sauce.