Z_Eggplant and Chickpea Stew with Couscous
Served on a bed of fluffy couscous, this colorful vegetarian dish is full of big, bold flavors.
- 1 can(s) (8-ounce) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) curry powder
- Kosher salt
- 1 can(s) (15-ounce) diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium (about 3/4 pound) eggplant, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 can(s) (15-ounce) chickpeas, rinsed
- 3/4 cup(s) couscous
- Chopped cilantro, for serving
- Plain Greek yogurt, for serving
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from womansday.com
1. In a large saucepan, whisk together the tomato sauce, cumin, curry powder, 1/2 cup water, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
2. Stir in the tomatoes, onion, and eggplant and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until the eggplant is tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
3. Add the chickpeas and cook, uncovered, until the chickpeas are heated through and the mixture has slightly thickened, 4 to 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the couscous according to package directions. Serve the stew over the couscous. Top with cilantro and a dollop of yogurt, if desired.
You'll also love
- Pan-Fried Whitefish With Corn,... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Boneless Pork Wrap 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Lemon Basil Ice Cream 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Rhubarb, Grapefruit and Thyme... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Vegan Parmesan Orzo Primavera 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Soba Noodles with Beef, Asparagus... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- 7-Layer Greek Meze Dip 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Black Bean Cakes with Avocado-Corn... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)