Molten Chocolate-Espresso Cakes
Once you try these little chocolate gem cakes you'll be making them again and again. The espresso kick is a nice bonus.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for tin
- 1/3 cup sugar, plus more for tin
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- GANACHE GLAZE: (Optional)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Brush 6 cups of standard muffin tin with butter and dust with sugar; tap out excess. Melt chocolate in a heat proof bowl set over (not in) a pan of simmering water, stirring until smooth.
In a bowl, whisk together flour, espresso powder and salt. With a mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing until completely incorporated. Add flour mixture; beat until combined. Beat in vanilla and chocolate.
Spoon batter into prepared cups. Bake until cakes no longer jiggle when tins shaken, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack 10 minutes before turning out cakes. Spread ganache over tops, if desired, and serve.
GANACHE GLAZE: (Optional)
Pour gently simmered cream over chocolate. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir until smooth. Let stand until mixture is spoonable, about 15 minutes.
You'll also love
- Summer Squash Gratin 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Chicken Mulligatawny... 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Sue Bee Honey & Cream Cheese... 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Raspberry Layered Chocolate... 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Dark Chocolate Coconut Bark 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Easter Bunny Cake 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
- Butter Rum Pound Cake 4.3/5 (25 Votes)
- Spicy Double Dark Chocolate... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)