Bourbon Cherry Cordial Cupcakes
- 2 sticks butter
- 10 1/2 oz. dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp bourbon (optional)
- 1 cup cherry preserves
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- 1 jar (24 oz) pitted sour cherries
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 65mins
Adapted from rachaelraymag.com
1. Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350F. Line 2 muffin pans with baking liners. In a large saucepan, melt the butter in 2 cups water over medium heat. Remove from the heat. Whisk the chocolate until melted. Whisk in the eggs and vanilla, then the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
2. Divide the batter among the cups, filling to just below the rim. Bake until toothpick inserted in a cupcake comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Let cool completely in the pans.
3. In a small bowl, stir in the bourbon, if using, into the preserves. Using a cupcake corer or a paring knife, cut a 1-inch-deep hole into each cupcake. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Place one sour cherry in each hole. Fill with 2 tsp of the preserves. Top with 3 more cherries.