Chocolate-Cherry Banana Bread
YIELD: 16 slices
Per Serving: cal. (kcal) 119, Fat, total (g) 2, chol. (mg) 0, sat. fat (g) 0, carb. (g) 23, fiber (g) 1, pro. (g) 2, sodium (mg) 61
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar or sugar substitute-sugar blend equivalent to 2/3 cup sugar*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup fat-free dairy sour cream
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 2/3 cup mashed banana (about 2 medium bananas)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate pieces
Adapted from recipe.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Lightly coat the bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
In a large bowl, stir together all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda.
Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, milk, egg, and oil. Stir in mashed banana and vanilla.
Add sour cream mixture all at once to flour mixture; stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy).
Fold in chopped cherries, walnuts, and chocolate chips.
Spoon batter into prepared pan.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove bread from pan.
Cool completely on wire rack.