Twice Baked Green Potatoes
- 4 (12-oz.) russet potatoes
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound greens, washed, trimmed, and chopped
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- Vegetable cooking spray
Adapted from myrecipes.com
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Pierce potatoes with a fork; bake directly on oven rack 1 hour or until tender. Cool 10 minutes.
2. Sauté shallot and garlic in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium high heat 1 minute. Stir in greens and next 2 ingredients. Add salt and black pepper to taste. Cook 10 minutes or until tender.
3. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; carefully scoop pulp into a large bowl, leaving shells intact. Mash together potato pulp, sour cream, next 4 ingredients, and 1/2 cup cheese. Add greens mixture. Spoon into potato shells, and place on a lightly greased (with cooking spray) baking sheet.
4. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Top with remaining cheese, and bake 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese melts and potatoes are thoroughly heated.