Harvest Sweet Potato Pecan Pie Tarts
- 1 cup mashed cooked sweet potato
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dark corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg white
- Two (2.1 ounce) packages mini phyllo shells (such as Athens)
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from recipes.sparkpeople.com
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine sweet potato, granulated sugar, cinnamon, and salt, stirring well.
- Combine pecans, brown sugar, syrup, vanilla, and egg white, stirring well.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon sweet potato mixture into each phyllo shell, spreading to edges. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon pecan mixture over sweet potato mixture. Place filled shells on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.