Turkey Eggplant Casserole
- 1 1/4 pounds ground skinless turkey breast
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large (1 1/2 pound) eggplant, cubed
- One 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 peppers (I use one red and one yellow or orange), seeded and diced
- 3/4 cup seasoned dried bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350 – spray 13 x 9 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray
Spray a large nonstick saucepan with cooking spray; heat. Add the turkey, onion and garlic; cook, stirring as needed, until the turkey is browned and the onion is softened, 5-6 minutes.
Add the eggplant, tomatoes, peppers, break crumbs and basil; bring to a boil, stirring as needed.
Transfer the turkey mixture to the pan and bake, covered, until the vegetables are tender, 45-50 minutes; uncover and sprinkle with the cheese. Bake until the cheese is lightly browned, about 15 minutes longer. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.