Chicken Liver Pate with Redcurrant Gelee
Made in the style of Pate de foie gras.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 lb chicken livers, cleaned and cut in half
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh thyme or 1/2 tsp dried
- 1 star anise (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Cognac
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup redcurranr jelly
- 2 Tbsp sweet wine
- 2 Tbsp chopped dried cherries
Heat 1/4 cup butter in skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute for 1 minute then add garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Add chicken livers, thyme, star anise, salt and pepper and saute for 4-6 minutes or until chicken livers are still pink in the centre. Add sherry vinegar and Cognac and bring to a boil. Remove star anise, if desired and transfer contents of skillet to a food processor.
Add cream and remaining butter and process until smooth, adding more salt and pepper as needed. Line a small loaf pan with plastic wrap. Spoon in mixture and smooth top. If there is any mixture left over, spoon into a s mall container and reserve for another occasion. Pour melted butter overtop and chill 4 hours or until set. Keep refrigerated until needed.
Combine redcurrant jelly, sweet wine and cherries in a small pot over medium heat and stir until melted. Cool. Remove pate from pan, cut into slices or spoon onto brioche and serve with a drizzle of gelee.
You'll also love
- Deep-Fried Ham and Cheese Stuffed... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Balsamic Chicken Penne 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Popcorn Balls 1.5/5 (2 Votes)
- The Melting Pot Mojo Fondue Broth 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salsa Chicken Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Wings - Mango-Honey 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Mushroom, Lentil, and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broiled Chicken Livers 0/5 (0 Votes)