- 1-1/2 lb carrots, peeled and trimmed (8 or 9 medium) 750 g
- 3 tbsp soft butter 50 mL
- 4 eggs 4
- 1 tsp salt 5 mL
- 1/4 tsp pepper 1 mL
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg 1 mL
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger 1 mL
- 3/4 cup whipping cream 175 mL
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley or dill 50 mL
Butter 6 to 8 Pyrex custard cups or 8 to 10 small individual souffle dishes. Cut circles from parchment or waxed paper to fit into bottoms of cups.
•Slice carrots into coins. (There should be about 4 cups/1 L.) Steam until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Reserve a few carrot coins for garnish and puree remainder in food processor or blender.
•Blend in butter, eggs, salt, pepper, nutmeg, ginger and cream; taste and adjust seasoning. Spoon mixture into paper-lined moulds and place moulds in large baking dish. Fill baking dish with boiling water to reach halfway up sides of moulds. Bake in 350° F (180° C) oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until firm to touch (the smaller the moulds, the faster they will set).
•Remove moulds from water bath and run knife around inside edge of moulds. Let rest 5 to 10 minutes, then invert onto large serving platter or individual plates. Remove paper circles. Garnish with carrot slices and parsley.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Roasted Potatoes and Pearl Onions 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Mini Apple Crostatas 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Stuffed Baby Red Potatoes 2.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Sunny's Roasted Rosemary and Thyme... 0/5 (0 Votes)
Review this recipe