Tomato Salad In Warm Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 2 firm tomatoes cut 1/4" slices
- 4 slices small onion - (paper-thin) rings separated
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Coarse salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese chilled
- 10 basil leaves
Arrange tomato slices attractively in overlapping pattern on two dinner plates. Arrange onion rings over slices, dividing evenly.
Cook oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in small skillet over medium heat until simmering, about 1 minute. Stir warm dressing and drizzle over salad, dividing evenly on 2 plates. Sprinkle with cheese. Garnish each with 5 basil leaves. Serve immediately while vinaigrette is still warm.
This recipe yields 2 servings.
Each serving: 214 calories; 365 mg sodium; 13 mg cholesterol; 19 grams fat; 8 grams carbohydrates; 5 grams protein; 0.86 gram fiber.