Lemon Cheesecake Cheese Ball
When I read this article and saw these refreshing variations of cheese balls provided, I was excited to try one for the first time in a long time. On New Year’s Eve, we decided to have a last minute, low-key get together at home with two of our close friends. I wanted to make food that would require minimal prep but still taste great, and this lemon cheesecake cheese ball was one of the first things to come to mind. So I made it – and we loved it! It really does taste like lemon cheesecake. It was light and delicious and we were coming back for more all night long. This would be wonderful as an appetizer before a meal, a light dessert afterwards, or even at a brunch. I’m so glad I gave the cheese ball a second chance, and I can’t wait to try the other variations as well!
- 10 ounces cream cheese
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 graham crackers
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 190mins
Combine the cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl. Stir together with a spoon or spatula until well combined and smooth. Mix in the lemon zest and lemon juice until smooth.
Transfer the mixture to a piece of plastic wrap and shape into a ball, wrapped tightly. Refrigerate until firm, at least 3 hours. Reshape if necessary once firm.
Coarsely crush the graham crackers and transfer the crumbs to a plate or bowl. Roll the cheese ball in the crumbs until evenly coated. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
You'll also love
- Jamaican Pork Stir-Fry 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Neiman Marcus Bars 4/5 (7 Votes)
- The Grape Leaf's Chicken Sumac 3.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Cinnamon Rolls 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Italian Lemon Cream Cake 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Jaden's Chinese Beef Broccoli 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Chicken in Thick Coconut Milk... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- ZUCCHINI GRILLED WITH RED ONION... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)