Chicken in Thick Coconut Milk Sauce (Thai)
- 3 breasts thinly sliced chicken breast
- 4 kafir lime leaves or lime juice
- 8 cups unsweeteed coconut milk (4 cans)
- 8 tablespoons red curry paste
- 4 tablespoon fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons ground roasted peanuts
- 4 tablespoon sugar (agave)
- 1 lg onion
- 4 tablespoon basil
- 4 tablespoon ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- bell pepper, broccoli, bamboo shoots, zucchini,sugar snap peas any veg
- 2 teaspoon lime zest
- 4 TBS Rice Vinegar
1. Put half coconut in wok. Heat up and add curry paste. Stir to dissolve. Cook at high heat for 5 -6 min or until oil in coconut rises to the top. Add fish sauce, second half of coconut, and chicken. Reduce heat to med-high and stir; cook for one minute.
2. Add ground peanuts, 1/2 lime juice, zest, ginger, garlic and sugar. Stir, turn heat to high for 8-10 minutes. Stir occasionally until liquids have reduced and mantle shows. Reduce heat to med-low and let simmer for 3-4 minutes, adding onions, basil and veg.
3. Serve with rice.