Sweet Ginger Glazed Salmon
- ◾2 4-ounce salmon fillets
- ◾1 table spoon of organic agave nectar (I like this one -> Wholesome Sweetners Blue Agave)
- ◾2 tea spoons of organic dijon mustard
- ◾2 tea spoons of lite soy sauce
- ◾1 tea spoon of minced ginger
- ◾1 tea spoon of ginger powder
- ◾1/4 cup of green onions, chopped
- ◾1 table spoon of minced garlic
- ◾2 table spoons of extra virgin olive oil, separated evenly (one for greasing and one for cooking)
- ◾1/2 table spoon of toasted sesame seeds (optional)
1.Place broiler rack 8 inches from heat source. Preheat broiler.
2.Coat baking sheet with 1 table spoon of olive oil.
3.In a bowl, combine agave nectar, mustard, ginger powder and soy sauce.
4.Dip or coat salmon fillets with sauce. Place on baking sheet. Set the rest of the sauce aside.
5.Broil for 8 minutes. Take fish out. Coat with rest of the sauce. Broil for another 5 - 10 minutes, or until salmon's fully cooked.
6.While salmon's cooking, heat frying pan on high, on stove top. Add the other table spoon of olive oil.
7.When oil becomes hot (usually takes about 30 seconds), add minced ginger, garlic and green onion. Cook for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until everything's golden on the outside. Turn heat off.
8.Take salmon out when it's done, top with cooked ginger, garlic and green onion.
9.Top with sesame seeds (optional).
10.Make extra sauce and heat in microwave, and top salmon with it, or use for dipping. (Also optional)