beef brisket, wild mushroom
- 1 oz dried porcini mushrooms
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 7 tbl vegetable oil
- 1 4 lb beef brisket, trimmed
- 2 med onions, finely chopped
- 3 tbl balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbl flour
- 2 cup beef broth
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme, tied together
- 1 1/2 lb mixed wild mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbl chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
Preparation time 30mins
in med bowl, combine dried porcini mushrooms and boiling water. let soak 20 min. with spoon, remove mushrooms from water; coarsely chop. strain soaking liquid through fine-mesh sieve; reserve liquid and sandy solids.
preheat oven to 325 in lg wide bottomed dutch oven or oven safe saucepot, heat 3 tbl oil on med-high heat until hot. season brisket all over with 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. add brisket to pot; cook 6-7 min or until browned on both sides, turning over once. transfer brisket to lg plate.
to same pot, add onions and 1/4 tsp salt. cook 3-5 min or until browned, stirring frequently. add vinegar. cook 1 min or until reduced, scraping up browned bits with wooden spoon. sprinkle in flour; cook 1 min, stirring
to pot, add chopped porcinis, reserved soaking liquid, broth, thyme, brisket and 1/2 cup water. heat to boiling on high. cover and place in oven. cook 3-3 1.2 hours or until brisket is very tender. remove and discard thyme. skim and discard any fat.
meanwhile, in 12 inch skillet, heat remaining 4 tbl oil on med-high. add sliced mushrooms and 1/2 tsp salt. cook 15 min or until browned and tender, stirring occasionally. off heat, add parsley, tossing to combine. to serve, thinly slice brisket and return to pot, pouring cooking liquid over meat. serve topped with mushrooms.
You'll also love
- Mom's Orange Slice Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Florida Orange Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Eye of Round Roast Beef w/mustard... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Caramelized Brussel Sprouts with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Hamburgers 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken, Spinach & Mushroom Pasta... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Parmesan Mushrooms 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Beef Brisket 0/5 (0 Votes)