Uneven Biscuits(Recipe: Sweet Potato Butter Biscuits with Honey Cinnamon Butter)
- yield: 16 (2-inch) biscuits
- Dice and chill butter before mixing with flour. Chunks of butter remaining in the dough will create flaky biscuits.
- 2 cups self-rising flour, sifted (I use White Lily)
- 1/2 cup butter, diced and chilled (one stick)
- 1 cup sweet potato, cooked, mashed and cooled (approximately 2 small or one medium)
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
Adapted from syrupandbiscuits.com
Combine flour and butter by mixing with your hands until it resembles course cornmeal.
Mix sweet potatoes into dough.
Add buttermilk and mix well.
Turn out dough onto a floured surface. Sprinkle flour on top. Knead 10 to 12 times. Roll to 1/2 inches thick. Cut with a 2-inch biscuit cutter (or cup or glass or jar, whatever you can get your hands on).
Place biscuits, once inch apart on a baking sheet that’s been prepared by greasing or covering with a baking mat. Brush tops of biscuits with oil.
Bake at 450 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
Honey Cinnamon Butter
1/2 cup softened butter
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon honey.
You'll also love
- Texas Roadhouse Cinnamon Butter 4.5/5 (99 Votes)
- Country Pork Ribs with Apples and... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Focaccia with fresh tomato,... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Beetroot & Red Pepper Soup 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Steak & Potato Alambritos With... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Sweet Potato & Chorizo Soup 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Crockpot Sweet Potato Basil Soup 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Pumpkin Bread Rolls with Cinnamon... 1/5 (1 Votes)