Sweet Potato & Chorizo Soup
Quick and tasty.
- 2 Tbls EVOO
- 12-16 oz Chorizo or Linguica Sausage quartered lengthwise and cut crosswise into slices.
- 1 large Spanish Onion, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs. sweet potatoes (yams) peeled, quartered lengthwise, cut crosswise into slices.
- 1 lb. Yukon gold potatoes, peeled, quartered lengthwise, cut crosswise into slices.
- 6 cups low salt chicken broth
- 1-9 oz bag fresh baby spinach chopped.
- Smoked paprika to taste
- Chipotle pepper to taste
Heat EVOO in large pot over medium high heat. Add sausage and cook until brown, stirring often (around 8-10 minutes). Transfer sausage to paper towels to drain. Add onions and garlic to pot and cook until soften, stirring often. Add broth and potatoes, season with paprika, chipotle, S&P bring to a boil, scraping up browned bits. Reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer until potatoes are soft, stirring occasionally, around 30 minutes. Use a potato masher or immersion blender and mash some potatoes in pot. Add sausage, spinach and simmer semi covered around 20 minutes. Season with S&P if needed.
You'll also love
- Bourbon Brined Pumpkin Molasses... 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip-Coconut Cookies 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- LOVER'S BEEF BURGUNDY FILLET 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Winter Squash Soup with Gruyère... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Beer-Braised Smoked... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Sausage Spice Mix 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Dry Rub Babyback Ribs with... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Fritters with Yogurt... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)