Nordic Potato Soup
- 3 medium potatoes (1 1/2 lbs) peeled and diced into 1-in. pieces
- 1 lg onion, finely chopped
- 3 smoked ham hocks (about 1.5 lb)
- 2 TB dry dill weed
- 2 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1/4 tsp ground white pepper
- 2 c chicken broth
- 4 c milk (use low fat for low fat diets)
In Crock Pot: place potatoes, onion, ham hocks, dill weed, lemon peel, pepper and broth. Cook on low setting for 6-8 hours.
Remove ham hocks and pull off meat; discard bones, skin and cartilage.
Scoop out half of potatoes and whirl in blender.
Return meat and puree to pot and add milk. Cook on high for 20 minutes. Garnish with additional dill.