Sundried Tomato and Parmesan Cheese Scones
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 60 g cold butter, diced
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 sundried tomatoes (soft ones that are in a sauce) – finely chopped
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 large eggs
- 90 ml milk
- Extra egg lightly beaten for the egg wash
Adapted from keyingredient.com
1. Pre heat your oven to 200C.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
3. Rub the butter into the flour using your fingers until it resembles fine crumbs.
4. Add the cheese, tomatoes and oregano.
5. Lightly whisk together the egg and milk and slowly add this to your dry mix, stir lightly with a knife to combine.
6. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and lightly pat out to a height of around 4cm.
7. Cut your scones out with a cookie cutter and place on a baking tray lined with paper or a silicone baking mat. Brush each scone with egg wash and bake for 10-12 minutes until risen and a light golden colour.
Serve immediately with butter and more cheese if you so desire.