Banana Nut Bread
Banana nut bread is even more delicious with the sweet topping! Looks and tastes delicious, enjoy!
- SWIRL FOR BATTER:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 3 medium sized bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, (pecans or walnuts), Optional
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk, more or less
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 80mins
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Whisk together flour and baking soda in a large bowl and set aside. Combine melted butter, sugar, sour cream, eggs, bananas and vanilla extract. Stir together with a spoon. Add to flour mixture and mix well with spoon. Spray a 9 x 5 loaf pan with cooking spray and add batter to pan.
Swirl for batter:
Combine and spread on top of the banana batter. Take a knife and swirl into batter. Bake in preheated 350°F oven 65 to 70 minutes checking until done as ovens vary. It took mine 70 minutes to cook. Remove from oven and let cool. Drizzle on topping.
Whisk together and drizzle over cooled banana bread.
You can freeze this bread or reheat. It keeps well for several days in a cool, dry place. You can also refrigerate. Makes one loaf. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Funfetti Popcorn 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Homemade Pumpkin Coconut Pudding 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Squash Cranberry Muffins 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Banana Nut Cake 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Gluten Free Dessert Pizza –... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Fried Pickle Poppers 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Chocolate Protein Muffins 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Mexican Corn Bread/Miss Kay 3.8/5 (4 Votes)