Chocolate Protein Muffins
Try these amazing Chocolate Protein Muffins with an amazon Avocado Orange Frosting smothered on top. They're good and good for you!
- AVOCADO ORANGE FROSTING:
- 2 cups non-dairy milk (nut, hemp etc.)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup oats, ground
- 2 servings Vega Sport Performance Protein Chocolate
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 serving Vega Sport Performance Protein Chocolate
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- Salt, as desired
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from youngandraw.com
Preheat oven to 350°F and line a muffin tin.
Combine flour, oats, protein, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, combine non-dairy milk, vinegar, maple syrup and coconut oil. Gently fold wet and dry ingredients together and pour into muffin tins.
Bake 12 to 17 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool before frosting.
Using a high-speed blender or food processor, mix avocado, orange zest and juice, cocoa powder, protein, salt and maple syrup. Frost cooled cupcakes and enjoy!