SLOW-COOKER BEEF, BACON AND BARLEY SOUP
Warm and tasty
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless beef round steak cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion chopped (1/2) cup
- 4 small red potatoes unpeeled, cut into 1/2 inch cubes (about 2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh baby carrots cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup Green Giant Niblets Frozen corn
- 1/2 cup uncooked regular pearl barley
- 2 (14 oz) cans beef broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes with basil garlic and oregano, undrained
- 1 (12 oz jar) beef gravy
1. Cook bacon in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add beef and onion; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until feef is browned, stirring occasionally.
2. In 3 1/2 to 4 qt slow cooker, layer potatoes, carrots, corn and barley. Top with beef mixture. Pour broth tomatoes, and gravy over top. Do not stir.
3. Cover and cook on low setting for 6 hours. Stir before serving.