Pear & Goat Cheese Salad with Balsamic Reduction
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 pears, cored and sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 10 cups trimmed baby arugula
- 2 ounces prosciutto, diced
- 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
Adapted from againstallgrain.com
Bring the vinegar to a slow boil over medium-high heat.
Reduce heat, and simmer for 2 minutes. The vinegar will start to resemble a syrup.
Remove the pan from heat, and add the honey. Set aside while you assemble the salad.
In a saute pan over medium heat, fry the prosciutto until crisp. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
Toss the arugula with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Add the pears, prosciutto, cheese, pine nuts, and balsamic reduction.