Stuffed Sweet Potato
Per serving: 202 calories, 33g carbs, 11mg cholesterol, 6g fat, 6g protein, 273mg sodium.
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 t EVOO
- 2 med onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 t salt
- 2 c baby spinach
- 2 oz goat cheese (about 1/3c), softened
- 1/4 t pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from essence.com
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Pierce holes in sweet potatoes w/a fork, then wrap each tightly in aluminum foil. Bake for 45-50 min, or until the potatoes are tender to the touch.
3. While the potatoes are baking, heat oil in a large saute pan on med heat & add onions & salt. Cook onions until soft & slightly brown, about 10 min.
4. Add spinach & cook until wilted, about 3 min.
5. Unwrap foil & cut a slit down the middle of each potato. Let them sit until they are cool enough to handle.
6. Gently remove flesh w/a spoon, keeping the skin intact.
7. Add flesh to a large bowl, then mash w/the goat cheese.
8. Gently stir in the onion & spinach mixture & season w/pepper.
9. Taste & adjust seasoning if desired, then scoop flesh back into the potato skins.
10. Potatoes can be refrigerated, then reheated & served later.