Grilled Balsamic- and Roasted Garlic-Marinated Steak
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped roasted garlic (from 4-oz jar)
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- 1 1/2-lb beef boneless top round steak,
- 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 540mins
Adapted from yahoo.com
In shallow glass dish or resealable plastic food-storage bag, mix all ingredients except beef. Add beef; turn to coat. Cover dish or seal bag. Refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight, turning beef occasionally.
2. Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Remove beef from marinade; reserve marinade.
3. Cover and grill beef over medium heat 12 to 18 minutes, turning and brushing with marinade once or twice, until desired doneness. Discard any remaining marinade. To serve, cut beef across grain into slices.