Cake Mix Italian Cream Cake
This Italian Cream Cake with cake mix is scrumptiously delicious with pecans and coconut baked into a rich white cake smothered in a homemade cream cheese frosting.
- 1 box (18 1/4 ounce) white cake mix
- 1 package (3 1/2 ounce) instant vanilla pudding
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 -2 tablespoon cream
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 65mins
Adapted from food.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
In a large mixer bowl add the cake mix, vanilla pudding, water, eggs and oil. With electric mixer, beat for 2 minutes at medium speed. Fold in the chopped nuts and coconut. Pour the batter into a 9 x 13 inch pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray or lightly greased and floured.
Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted off center comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.
In a medium sized mixer bowl, blend the butter and cream cheese. Add the confectioners' sugar and enough cream to make it a smooth spreading consistency.
Frost cake with frosting and sprinkle with coconut.
You'll also love
- Italian Lemon Pound Cake 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- No Bake Coconut Cream Pie Parfait 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Pina colada white bread pudding... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Nutella-Swirl Pound Cake 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Pound Cake 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Maple Bacon Cupcakes with Cream... 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Chicken with Mustard Cream Sauce 4.4/5 (32 Votes)
- Pineapple Cream Cake 4.5/5 (17 Votes)