PINEAPPLE COCONUT CHIFFON CAKE
- 2 1/4 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup salad oil
- 5 egg yolks, unbeaten
- 3/4 cups canned pineapple juice
- 1 cup egg whites (8 or 9 medium eggs)
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup shredded coconut
1. Mix and sift together flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center and add in order: oil, egg yolks, and juice. With spoon, beat until very smooth.
2. With electric mixer at high speed or with egg beater, beat whites with cream of tartar until soft peaks are formed. Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, beating until very stiff pearls are formed.
3. Gently fold yolk mixture into whites until blended. During last few strokes fold in coconut.
4. Turn into ungreased 10-inch tube pan. Bake in slow oven (325 degrees F) about 1 hour or until done.
5. Invert pan and cool. Loosen cake with spatula and invert pan. Strike edge sharply on table so cake will drop out.
6. Serve with whipped cream into which drained canned crushed pineapple has been folded.
You'll also love
- Spring Rolls with Pork & Glass... 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- low carb chicken broccoli casserole 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Tomato Ravioli 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- White Peach Sangria with Cava... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Peach Cobbler Cookies 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Applebee's Onion Peels 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pineapple Cake With Pineapple Glaze 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Coconut Jello Balls 5/5 (1 Votes)