Roasted Butternut Squash
This reminds me of the sweet potatoes with marshmallows everyone has on their Thanksgiving table - sweet & savory all in one. Delicious!!
- 1 Butternut Squash
- 1/4 - 1/2 c Brown Sugar
- 6 T Butter
- 2 T Maple Syrup
- Cinnamon to taste
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Cut the squash in half, lengthwise, and clean.
- Put the squash, cut side down, on a sheet pan sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Turn the squash over and bake for another 30 minutes. It is done when you can easily insert a fork/knife into the center. It should feel similar to a baked potato.
- Allow the squash to cool enough to handle.
- Cube the squash. (You can decide if you want to keep the skin on or off.) Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
-Serve warm and enjoy!
**You could also add raisins, nuts, or the seeds from the squash itself (roasted) to the mixture to liven it up a bit. :-)