Grilled Chicken Citrus Salad
- l/2 cup minced cilantro
- l/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 shallots finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts - (4 oz ea)
- 8 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 2 navel oranges peeled and sectioned
- 2 celery stalks sliced
- 4 scallions sliced
To prepare the marinade and salad dressing, in a medium bowl, combine the cilantro, the juices, shallots, garlic, chili powder, cumin and sugar; pour 1/2 cup of this mixture into a gallon-size sealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal the bag, squeezing out the air; turn to coat the chicken. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight, turning the bag occasionally. Pour the remaining dressing into a jar and refrigerate, covered, until ready to use.
In a large salad bowl, combine the lettuce, oranges, celery and scallions; refrigerate, covered, until ready to use.
Preheat the broiler; line the broiler pan with foil. Drain the chicken and discard the marinade. Broil the chicken 5 inches from the heat, until cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes on each side. Transfer to a board and slice diagonally.
Add the reserved dressing to the salad mixture; toss to coat. Top with the chicken.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Per Serving: 208 Calories, 2 g Total Fat, 0 g Saturated Fat, 66 mg Cholesterol, 107 mg Sodium, 18 g Total Carbohydrate, 4 g Dietary Fiber, 30 g Protein, 105 mg Calcium.
Serving Provides: 3 Fruit/Vegetables, 3 Protein/Milk.
Points Per Serving: 4.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (287 Votes)
- Frozen Banana Bites 4.5/5 (272 Votes)