Pasta with Bacon and Brie
Just awesomely, gastronomically decadent! Not for the faint of heart . . . really!
- 10 oz pasta
- 1/2 cup pasta water - reserved
- 6 pieces applewood smoked bacon, diced
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup white wine or vermouth
- 1/2 lb brie, cut into cubes
- Small bunch of basil, cut chiffonade
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
Cook the pasta according to the package directions and reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water before draining. Keep warm.
Place the bacon in a large heavy skillet over medium/high heat and cook the bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon from the skillet and drain on paper towels. Drain the bacon fat, reserving 1 tablespoon
Add the onion to the skillet with the bacon fat and saute over medium high heat until the onions are caramelized, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic and saute for about 1 minute more.
Raise the heat to high and deglaze the pan with the wine. Reduce to about 2 Tablespoons.
Add the cubed brie to the skillet along with the reserved pasta water. Stir constantly until the cheese is melted. Add the pasta to the mixture along with the basil and toss to combine.
You'll also love
- Chicken & Okra Gumbo 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Pineapple Cobbler 4.2/5 (16 Votes)
- Cheeseburger Gnocchi 4/5 (28 Votes)
- Moroccan Spiced Roasted Leg of Lamb 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Duck Fat Roasted Brussels Sprouts... 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Tyler Florence's Ultimate Ribs 3.9/5 (22 Votes)
- Macaroni Grill's Shrimp Portofino 3.8/5 (121 Votes)
- Paula Deen All Day Pulled Pork 3.5/5 (25 Votes)